Isola Serena was originally a farmhouse that was part of the castle property, Castello La Leccia, which is mentioned in written historical sources as early as 1077. Most of the Chianti area was seized to the dominion of the Ricasoli family around the mid 1400’s. In the 18th Century, the Castle modified part of its structure and started to take on the appearance of a villa. In 1920, the entire property was bought by Great Grandfather Giuliano Daddi and in July 1944, during the second world war, parts of the castle were bombed and partially destroyed. The farmhouse was left untouched until it was recently purchased by a Canadian investor in 2013.
In the summer of 2012, when a Canadian businessman and entrepreneur was in Tuscany for vacation with his family and wife, he saw the farmhouse and instantly fell in love. With over 4 acres of private land and the most breath-taking views overlooking Siena and covered in vineyards, olive groves, and forestry, they knew this was their dream home. After embarking on a 1 year restoration project and hiring all local Italians to maintain the Tuscan culture, artisanal tradition, and craftsmanship, this beautiful luxury villa is truly an oasis of serenity and perfection. The official name of the farmhouse is Podere Isola, meaning “island farm”, which the owner renamed to “Isola Serena”, meaning “serene island” and after his wife. To see the transition from the country farmhouse to the villa it is today, please see The Restoration